When the school was re-established in Fengshan in 1950, Chang Chang-yu was the Chief Instructor of the Foreign Language Division under the General Education Department; he was in charge of teaching foreign languages. The school was transformed into a four-year university in June 1954, with a language college established that includes the culture and history department, as well as the foreign language department. In August 1996, the foreign language department was reassigned under the university and renamed the Department of Foreign Languages on April 26, 2018. The first group of students was recruited in the 2018 academic year. The Department hopes to cultivate officers at the grassroots level with military language skills in the military and strengthen their expertise in terms of foreign languages.